Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thai Tea Zucchini Bread



               This may seem strange but I'm going to start this off with a recipe that turned out so-so. Feel free to make on your own and comment with your differences and what you did to make it better.

1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tea bag of thai tea (1 to 1-1/2 tsps)
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup grated zucchini (1 to 2 zucchinis)
You can also add nuts if you wish (I added raisins)


Grease your preferred bread pan (or muffin dishes if you have trouble making bread like I do). Preheat oven to 325 F.

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and tea together in a bowl.

In another bowl mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Add dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well. Stir in the zucchini, nuts, raisins, and/ or whatever else you prefer. And then pour that into your pans. 

Bake 20 minutes. Check with tooth pick. If it comes out dry its ready. Be sure to try a few. If not ready try 10 more minutes. 

Some people say to let it cool before eating but sometimes its best when it's warm and the butter melts into it. 




When I first started making this recipe I didn't think about the fact that there was a lot of tea in the Thai tea bag I was using. That's probably why it ended up tasting so strong. I love Thai tea but I honestly don't think I will try it again in a recipe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment