Saturday, August 30, 2014

Three different banana breads with tea in them


            Bananas. Chocolate covered bananas. Banana Creme Pie. Banana Bread and Muffins. Today we are making banana bread muffins. Like I said before I just can't seem to make bread loaves so I make muffins. In the past I made Marketspice banana bread and it came out wonderful. Today I am going to experiment with two types of flavored chai before work. Oh and I am making all of my breads dairy free by substituting with dairy free butter and milk. The same can be done for people with gluten allergies. Sugar can also be substituted with things like honey (preferably not fake sugar. Those aren't good for you). I have a Amaretto honey that makes banana bread so amazing.

Make sure to use ripe or a bit over ripe bananas.

1 Stick o butter (or 8 Tbls for those of you like me who have big things of butter
1 cup sugar
1- 1/2 cups flour (or 2 cups if you don't have coconut flour)
1/2 cup coconut flour (I've been obsessed with this stuff. It smells so good!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
 2 Eggs
2-3 Bananas (I had some massive naners so I only used 2)
1 TBSP Milk or "milk" (I used almond milk)

Preheat to 325 F. And prepare your pan of choice.

Grab your chai or whatever tea it is that you are using and grind it up as much as possible. It's better to use teas that you can grind into a powder.

Mix the butter and sugar together and then add eggs. Usually it's best to do them one at a time to get the best texture but if you are short on time just dump them both in.

In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. When mixing the dry ingredients together you can add your tea as well unless you are doing like I am and splitting them in half... or thirds... or whatever. Splitting every cupcake! Super tea time! Sorry. If you are doing different teas you will want to add the tea in at the end.

Mash the bananas (you can just do this with blenders) and add the milk. Then add to the butter and sugar. Lastly add the dry mixture and mix well.

Pour the batter into your pan of choice and cook. For loaves it's usually 45- to 60 mins. For muffins about 20 - 30 minutes.

Both came out nice and moist. Sorry if you don't like that word. The Vanilla Chai muffins were weak. Just like a regular banana bread muffin. So I think I will have to add more tea to that next time. The Coconut Chai muffins, however, are almost spot on. The coconut comes out subtly. I think I could probably put in another bag and be safe. The Marketspice banana bread still remains my favorite. Oh and for the chai I used Zhena's gypsy tea.


If you have any suggestions please comment below!!



No comments:

Post a Comment